- Live events employ over 12 million people.
- Live events contributes over $1 trillion annually to the US economy.
- 95% of live events have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
- 96% of companies have cut staff and/or wages.
- 77% of people in the live events industry have lost 100% of their income, including 97% of 1099 workers.
Sports, Concerts, Broadway, Fashion...the list goes on.
On September 1, 2020, #WeMakeEvents, a coalition of trade bodies, businesses, unions, and live events workers, will light up their venues, homes, and cities red across North America to raise public and media awareness in support of the live events sector. #RedAlertRESTART will only jump-start relief for the live events industry with mass participation. We need industry workers, venues, fans, and artists to all unite for the cause of saving the places we love. Click here to learn more: https://wemakeevents.org.